Company: Aspect Australia
Expected salary: $46.16 per hour
Location: Forestville, NSW
- Australia’s largest national provider of autism-specific educational services
- Multiple casual employment opportunities available
- $46.16 per hour (incl. of casual loading) + superannuation
- Excellent tax effective salary PBI packaging benefits
- Located at Aspect Vern Barnett School at Forestville, NSW or at one of the satellite classes in the region
Aspect’s School Network: Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) has grown to become Australia’s largest national educational program for children on the autism spectrum, with 9 independent schools operating from 67 locations in NSW and South Australia catering to approximately 1,200 students.
About the School:
Aspect Vern Barnett School provides placement for approximately 120 students on the autism spectrum from ages 4 to 16 years from Forestville, as well as from 5 satellite classes within the Catholic and Department of Education schools in Sydney’s northern suburbs.
About the role: A challenging, rewarding and varied role making a difference in the lives of children on the autism spectrum and their families. Develop your knowledge of autism and specialist education approaches.
- Be familiar with students’ Individual Plan (IP) outcomes/priorities
- Assist with classroom programs, positive behaviour support and community access programs
- Assist with the integration of students into less restrictive settings
- Be responsible for the welfare and safety of pupils in the classroom, playground, school activities or excursions and elsewhere in the course of professional duties and have ongoing ‘duty of care’ at all times
- Experience working with children on the autism spectrum (desirable)
- Experience implementing IP’s
- Knowledge of transitioning students into mainstream settings
- Certificate III in Education Support or other relevant tertiary qualification desirable
- Experience with people on the autism spectrum desirable
- Effective communication skills
- First Aid Certificate desirable
- Depending on the school’s location/requirements it may be essential to have a current driver’s licence (per relevant state legislation)
- A Light Rigid (LR) driver’s licence (desirable)
- Capacity to travel across all sites in the area
- NSW Working with Children Check required
- You may be required to provide an International Police Check clearance
To apply: Please include your resume and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect’s online recruitment process. Cover letter is optional.
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Any questions? Please contact Keeley Midei, Coordinator of School Operations on 02 9454 8359.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination is a condition of employment for all staff in Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect). For some roles, covered by Public Health Orders, the requirement is for staff to have two doses and the additional COVID-19 Booster. As part of the recruitment/interview process Aspect is collecting information related to your vaccination status to ensure we are in compliance with all government orders and directives.
Enquiries should be directed to:
More information about Aspect: .
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is committed to providing an environment free from abuse, neglect and exploitation of the people we support.
Allows you to pre-fill the application using your SEEK profile information and resumé
Job date: Tue, 24 May 2022 07:28:36 GMT